Wednesday 22 July 2015

Three Life Lessons from Sports

I have been intending to write my first blog for the longest time now, its just that I never really found something that I would want to center it around.I thought to myself and after  long introspection figured that I was truly passionate about one thing,Sports.

A majority of my life has been dedicated to playing, watching, thinking and discussing sports.The passionate sports journey really taught me a  lot of things that I would like to classify as life lessons.



Courtesy Google Images

1. Tennis really helped me build my perception of honest hard work "It's easy to lie about your preparation off the court but as soon as you get out there, the first person to remind you of your weakness is yourself."A sport will always be a true indicator of your strengths and weaknesses,The game is an extension of your own self.

2. Another important lesson that I learnt was that what looks calm at the surface is not necessarily a cake walk.Golf boasts of being an attractive sport however,it also carries the tag of being 'the most boring game ever.'Stylish outfits and beautiful courses add to the charm of the course and the calmness of the course have contributed to it being called boring.However,being a regular at the golf couse I can swear my life that the sport is way more attractive than it looks and is far more challenging and non-boring than most sports in the world.

3. The final lesson that I learnt from sports is the fact that 'if your playing a game ,play every point like your life depends on it but if someone else is playing,its only entertainment."We love sitting and discussing players and their games on particular days.Its only when you have argued for hours or someone says something foolish that you realist that the subject of the debate is sleeping miles away in a mansion you could have only hoped to buy.Hence,let the games other people play be a form of 'mere' or 'passionate' entertainment.

Courtesy Google Images


This blog is a platform for my opinions on everything sporty; players,games,controversies,sporting equipment and everything that surrounds the sporting universe.Please do share your opinions and inputs on the way.














3 comments:

  1. Tanay - you should read Open by Andre Agassi. I have the audio book in case you are interested. You will relate to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe Sports builds a person's character like no other activity, profession, extra curricular, vocation. All that our family, teachers, friends, society, employers / employees expect us to be - is naturally taught on the field - Honesty, fair-play, camaraderie, competitiveness, healthy body & mind...keep playing

    ReplyDelete
  3. I completely agree,sports is all about building ones self..sports is a powerful platform to build a strong and character

    ReplyDelete